Terms and Conditions
The 'Client' refers to the entity entering this agreement with Seven Reasons Media.
Termination and Cancellation
Seven Reasons Media may terminate your account at its sole discretion in the event of serious breaches such as activities of an illegal or fraudulent nature, or any activity considered not in keeping with the ‘goodwill’ of the service. These include but are not limited to:
- a) Spamming (sending unsolicited promotional electronic mail)
- b) Downloading or storing of content that could be deemed 'NC' by the Australian Broadcasting Authority (ABA) or prosecutable under Australian Law. This includes things such as illegal software, software cracks and pornography.
- c) Obscene material, fraudulent or deceptive statements, threatening, intimidating or harassing statements or material which violates the privacy rights or property rights of others, or is likely to be defamatory of another person.
- Seven Reasons Media reserves the right to terminate the connection/account at any time if the service is used in a way in which Seven Reasons Media deems inappropriate.
Upon the Client signing the Seven Reasons Media contract the agreement is non cancellable and no refund will be given. All monies will become due upon non compliance by the Client. If the Client fails to remit a deposit after signing the contract all monies will become due 14 days after the due date and in the case of the deposits being paid there will be no refund under any circumstances. On entering a contract with Seven Reasons Media, verbal or otherwise, Seven Reasons will do it’s utmost to deliver the project within an acceptable time frame. Where progress cannot be made with your website because we have not been given the required information in the agreed time frame and progress is delayed as a result, then after a period of 12 months the contract will be deemed to be completed and all monies paid to Seven Reasons Media will become non-refundable. Any works undertaken after this 12 month period will be considered as new works and charged accordingly.
Limitation of Liability
- Seven Reasons Media will not be responsible for any pre-recorded, registered, patented or copyrighted sounds, music, text, images etc that the Client wishes to utilise on their website. This is at the sole risk of your company. You should seek independent legal advice if you are unsure. Seven Reasons Media will not be liable, professionally or legally for any content of the website.
- Whilst all care is taken with system security, Seven Reasons Media will not accept responsibility for loss of data or security problems. This includes any loss that could otherwise be deemed an ‘Act of God’. Seven Reasons Media aims to take all the care needed to prevent this, but takes no responsibility should this occur.
- Seven Reasons Media provides no guarantee regarding the availability of the hosting service. The Client indemnifies Seven Reasons Media against any losses by the Client resulting from any failure or non-availability of hosting services.
Seven Reasons Media and its search engine optimisation service provides no guarantee of any nature to the client, with respect to search engine rankings, positioning and the resultant demand for, or sales of, the clients products or services.
Seven Reasons Media provides no guarantee of search engine registration, website functionality or statistics where the service is hosted externally.
All contracts are subject to the following payment terms upon signing the contract:
- a) Option 1: Payment in full is required at the time of signing this agreement, prior to any work commencing.
- b) Option 2: Subject to a Direct Debit Request being signed:
50% deposit due at time of signing the contract The balance of the contract due in three equal monthly installments beginning 30 days from the signing of this contract Should the website be completed prior to the conclusion of the payment terms, in accordance with content and material supplied and functionality as agreed, all outstanding monies become due and payable immediately. Failure to remit the deposit or any scheduled payment in relation to the signed Seven Reasons Media contract will result in all monies becoming immediately due and payable. No site will be uploaded until all monies under the contract have been paid in full.
- Seven Reasons Media reserves the right to ‘switch off’ the website due to non-payment of any outstanding monies due to Seven Reasons Media at any time.
- Seven Reasons Media reserves the right to charge a processing fee for any payments that are referred to drawer.
- The ‘Client’ agrees to pay all charges as incurred through usage of the account + GST within the specified period. Failure to do this may result in the account being suspended and a ‘late fee’ or ‘set-up fee’ + GST incurred. For direct debit methods, your bank account or credit card is automatically debited for the amount outstanding + GST and a tax invoice is submitted to you. These debits will be made regardless of the progress in developing your website.
- Seven Reasons Media reserves the right to charge a processing fee for hard copy tax invoices or any fees including bank fees that we may incur during processing your account.
- Monthly Charges. The monthly charges for hosting/statistics/search engine optimisation/internet advertising management/ssl certificates/domain names will automatically renew for successive periods equal to the initial term. The client may cancel any subsequent term at any time. The renewal will cover the same services as contained in this contract. The rate payable may be reviewed as and when Seven Reasons Media deems it necessary. The balance of contract payment method that forms a part of this contract will be used to process payments for any subsequent terms.
Annual Charges. The annual charges for hosting/statistics/search engine optimisation/internet advertising management /ssl certificates/domain names will automatically renew for successive periods equal to the initial term. The client may cancel any subsequent term at any time. The renewal will cover the same services as contained in this contract. The rate payable may be reviewed as and when Seven Reasons Media deems it necessary. The balance of contract payment method that forms a part of this contract will be used to process payments for any subsequent terms.
- One 'web page' is defined as a maximum of 500 words of text and up to 10 thumbnail images.
The content required to design and develop the Client’s website:
- a) includes all items of stationery, all sales brochures and marketing materials, product catalogues, photographs, company profiles and any other material used in the promotion of the Client’s organisation. In order to provide the copywriting service (where included in the contract sale price), Seven Reasons Media may also require additional information to be provided, including advice on the Client’s target market and unique selling points.
- b) must be supplied to the Seven Reasons Media Project Manager within fourteen days of the signing of this contract. Failure to do so may result in a delay in production. Seven Reasons Media takes no responsibility for such delays and no alteration to the specified payment terms will be made.
- All work in progress and/or completed work remains the property of Seven Reasons Media until all outstanding monies have been paid in full.
The site structure and services described on this contract are based on the initial information provided by the Client. During the website development process, further additions or changes may be suggested by the Project Manager and implemented subject to the approval of the Client and at the Client’s expense.
- Upon presentation and inclusion of all images and text (as supplied with starter kit) and after all functionality has been installed (in terms of the signed contract) the site is deemed complete and the Client will have seven days to advise of any changes. Failure to notify Seven Reasons Media within the seven days will result in the contract being considered duly completed with all outstanding monies becoming immediately due and payable.
- The marketing of the website will not commence until receipt of all outstanding monies owed under the contract are paid in full. All intellectual property associated with search engine marketing will be removed upon cancellation of the search engine service.
- Seven Reasons Media reserves the right to levy additional charges for concept redesigns beyond the initial design concept.
- Seven Reasons Media reserves the right to access statistical data derived from the Client’s website and use it for its own purposes, including, but not limited to effectiveness analysis and promotion.
- Seven Reasons Media reserves the right at all times to promote (or not promote at its discretion) a Client’s website for the purposes of Seven Reasons Media’s own marketing through appropriate means including, but not limited to, the placement of the Seven Reasons Media logo and hyperlink on the Client’s homepage and listing of the Client’s website in the Seven Reasons Media portfolio or a Seven Reasons Media directory.